What is the difference between this workshop and Couples Therapy?
This weekend is not therapy. Couples therapy is an intense and individually focused method of treating the specific issues
within a particular relationship. The purpose of the Couples Weekend is to:
- educate couples about the evolving and most recent understanding of committed relationships;
- show couples how to communicate in a way that supports a loving relationship;
- provide supervised practice of new and effective relational skills;
- demonstrate through group interaction that they are not alone in their relationship frustrations; and
- offer support in their ongoing effort to master a new way to be in a loving relationship.